To purchase bespoke uniform for TQEA please click here for our online uniform supplier. Skirts, trousers and shirts can be bought locally. Spare ties can be bought at Reception.
It is important to us that parents and students are clear that the TQEA uniform is a requirement and that all students must meet these standards at all times.
Please support us by sending your child to school each morning meeting these requirements fully, to ensure that they are ready for a great day of learning. This also enables teaching staff to focus on delivering an excellent education for your child. Research shows that high expectations in uniform encourage pupils to take pride in themselves and are not subject to peer pressure. Crucially, it is proven to improve behaviour, develop aspiration, build confidence and raise academic achievement.
Together, we want the very best for your child, as you do. As part of our parent partnership, we appreciate your attention and valuable support in this matter.
The TQEA uniform consists of smart trousers (or skirt), shirt, tie and blazer, and encourages students to take great pride in their appearance. Students are expected to adhere to our uniform policy at all times, which consists of the following items:
Uniform – All Students:
- School Blazer to be worn at all times unless directed by a member of staff.
- School tie should be worn at all times, appropriately attached to the top button of the shirt.
- Plain white long sleeve shirt (tucked in and fully buttoned at all times).
- Black or grey full ankle socks (not trainer/sports sock style), or black tights (not footless and no leggings).
- Plain all black sturdy leather, or leather look, school shoes (No logos and no trainers of any type). No mesh, material, canvas or coloured trim or soles. Shoes should be sturdy and appropriate for all weathers. Black laces only.
- Plain, full length (no gap between trouser and socks) black trousers. (No jeans, jeggings, corduroy, combat, chinos, Lycra, denim trousers, leggings or tracksuit bottoms). Girls may choose instead a plain black skirt that is smart and professional and loose fitting (no stretch material, Lycra or body-con styles). Inappropriate skirt lengths will be challenged and will need to be addressed immediately.
- Optional school jumper (navy with red stripe purchased only via the TQEA uniform online shop) available Autumn 2020. When students get warm the jumper should be removed and the blazer kept on.
- A waterproof coat for winter use is strongly recommended. No hoodies to be worn on school site.
- Every student must come to school with a bag and their equipment.
- Shorts with TQEA logo. Girls may choose TQEA logo skort.
- Navy blue sports polo with TQEA logo (fitted option for girls if desired).
- Plain navy blue football socks (or white trainer/ankle socks are also accepted).
- Plain navy blue tracksuit bottoms with no logos.
- Fleece lined outdoor ¼ zip TQEA top.
- Trainers (Not fashion or canvas).
Recommended additional layers for outside PE lessons (these items are all non TQEA branded and can be purchased at a wide range of local shops/supermarkets).
- Base layers (long sleeved) plain navy blue or black tops to go underneath the PE t-shirt
- Black, or navy leggings, or running leggings
- Gloves for sports not including throwing and catching (but still bring them for warm ups, coaching time etc.)
- Plain woolly hats (with no dangling strings or adornments)
- Waterproof rain coats either navy blue, black or plain dark colours (not fashion coats which are not waterproof)
Hair should be one natural colour with no patterns or shapes cut into it. No shaved / No1 heads either all over or part. We find that hair colours / cuts that do not conform to our requirements distract from learning.
- No excessively wide or coloured belts, no ornate or large belt buckles
- Undergarments should be an appropriate colour to protect modesty e.g. neutral or white vests, bras etc.
- No facial / cartilage / body piercing to be worn for school. (Refer to Uniform Policy – have piercings of this nature done in Summer holiday to allow for healing).
- One single pair of stud earrings / one discreet ring / one small discreet necklace, bracelet and watch.
- All jewellery must be removed for PE lessons.
- Chewing gum, canned or energy drinks are not allowed in school.
- Boys to be clean shaven at all times.
- No nail varnish or excessive and impractical length nails. No acrylics nails are permitted.
- Discrete small amount of make up in years 9-11 only – No false eye lashes.
- No headwear, hats or caps to be worn on school site.