To purchase bespoke uniform for TQEA please click here for our online uniform supplier. Skirts, trousers and shirts can be bought locally. Spare ties can be bought at Reception.
It is important to us that parents and students are clear that the TQEA uniform is a requirement and that all students must meet these standards at all times.
Please support us by sending your child to school each morning meeting these requirements fully, to ensure that they are ready for a great day of learning. This also enables teaching staff to focus on delivering an excellent education for your child. Research shows that high expectations in uniform encourage pupils to take pride in themselves and are not subject to peer pressure. Crucially, it is proven to improve behaviour, develop aspiration, build confidence and raise academic achievement.
Together, we want the very best for your child, as you do. As part of our parent partnership, we appreciate your attention and valuable support in this matter.
The TQEA uniform consists of smart trousers (or pleated skirt), shirt, tie and blazer, and encourages students to take great pride in their appearance. Students are expected to adhere to our uniform policy at all times, which consists of the following items:
Uniform – All Students:
- School Blazer to be worn at all times unless directed by a member of staff.
- School tie should be worn at all times, appropriately attached to the top button of the shirt.
- Plain white long sleeve shirt (tucked in and fully buttoned at all times).
- Black full ankle socks (not trainer/sports sock style), or black tights (not footless and no leggings).
- Plain all black sturdy leather, or leather look, school shoes (No logos and no trainers of any type). No mesh, material, canvas or coloured trim or soles. A Velcro shoe is permitted, but it must be a sturdy leather shoe. No pumps will be allowed. Shoes should be sturdy and appropriate for all weathers. Black laces only. No Nike Air Force One trainers will be allowed in school, even with a medical note. A suitable alternative should be arranged and agreed with the academy.
- Plain, full length (no gap between trouser and socks) black trousers. (No jeans, jeggings, corduroy, combat, chinos, Lycra, denim trousers, leggings or tracksuit bottoms). We are aware that many suppliers, such as local supermarkets, will try to sell you inappropriate styles by stocking them in their ‘uniform’ section. Please be mindful of this when making your selection.
- Students may choose instead of trousers a plain black pleated skirt that is smart and professional and loose fitting (no stretch material, Lycra or body-con styles). Inappropriate skirt lengths will be challenged and will need to be addressed immediately.
- Optional school jumper (navy with red stripe purchased via the uniform online shop or annual pop up shop). When students get warm the jumper should be removed and the blazer kept on.
- A waterproof coat for winter use is strongly recommended. No hoodies, zip-up tops or denim jackets are to be worn on the academy site.
- Every student must come to school with a bag and their equipment.
Medical exemptions for not wearing any part of the academy uniform MUST be with a time-limited medical letter and alternatives must be agreed with the Pastoral Team.
- Shorts or skort with TQEA logo
- Navy blue sports polo with TQEA logo (fitted option if desired).
- White ankle sports socks or plain navy blue football socks.
- Optional plain navy blue tracksuit bottoms with no logos or stripes.
- Optional (TQEA logo hoodie – coming soon) or fleece lined outdoor ¼ zip TQEA top.
- Trainers (all colours acceptable but not fashion or canvas style).
Recommended additional layers for outside PE lessons (these items are all non TQEA branded and can be purchased at a wide range of local shops/supermarkets).
- Base layers (long sleeved) plain navy blue or black tops to go underneath the PE t-shirt
- Black, or navy leggings, or running leggings
- Gloves for sports not including throwing and catching (but still bring them for warm ups, coaching time etc.)
- Plain woolly hats (with no dangling strings or adornments)
- Waterproof rain coats either navy blue, black or plain dark colours (not fashion coats which are not waterproof)
Hair should be one natural colour with no patterns or shapes cut into it. No shaved / No.1 heads either all over or part. We find that hair colours / cuts that do not conform to our requirements distract from learning.
- No excessively wide or coloured belts. Belts should be plain and black with a discreet buckle.
- Undergarments should be an appropriate colour to protect modesty e.g. neutral or white vests, bras etc.
- Students are permitted to wear one pair of small stud earrings which are to be removed during PE lessons. No cartilage piercings are allowed.
- Students are not allowed to wear any facial or body piercings, including the tongue or nose. A discreet clear retainer or spacer may be worn; these must be removed for PE lessons.
- Students may wear a wristwatch, one discreet ring and one discreet necklace tucked under the shirt.
- All jewellery must be removed for PE lessons.
- If students do not follow our policy, jewellery will be confiscated until the end of the day. If this is repeated an adult will be required to collect any confiscated items.
- Chewing gum, canned or energy drinks are not allowed in school.
- Students are to be clean shaven at all times.
- Coloured nail varnish and acrylic or gel nails are not allowed. Any applied over a weekend or holiday period must be removed by the time we return to the academy.
- A small amount of discreet make up in Years 9-11 only is permissible. No false eyelashes are permitted. Your child may be asked to remove make-up that is considered unacceptable.
- No headwear, hats or caps to be worn on school site.