TQEA Curriculum statement
Our Vision: All TQEA students, whatever the challenge or barriers they face, will succeed to compete on a national and global scale in their chosen fields and will contribute positively to society.
All learners in our academies will experience a curriculum that:
- is ambitious and enjoyable through knowledge and skills developed throughout their time at TQEA.
- is knowledge rich, ensuring access to a wide, global cultural capital – thus maximising lifetime opportunities.
- is inclusive, nurturing and tailored towards the needs of the individual.
- is focused on developing the very best oracy, literacy, numeracy and digital skills – enabling access to the widest learning and the very best careers possible to ensure we develop global citizens.
- is enriching, ensuring all experience a rich variety of cultural, artistic and sporting activities.
- is broad in terms of coverage and (at least) encompassing the breadth of the 2014 English National Curriculum.
- celebrates academic success and the uniqueness of our local setting in terms of localised knowledge and skills.
- develops character, personal pride and the highest moral standards.
- celebrates diversity, challenges injustice, promotes equality and encourages the creation of a better world.
- is delivered by well-qualified, forward-thinking, skilled, passionate professionals.
We see education as the route for a “life well lived”