Why do we set homework?
- To help develop the study habits and independent learning skills need for lifelong learning
- To help develop long term memory to aid learning
- To retrieve core knowledge for each subject to be able to develop your own thinking
All students are expected to complete homework. It will comprise of some or all of the following:
- Self-quizzing using their knowledge organisers (these can be found on our website, on TEAMs and in student books)
- Memorising key information from their knowledge organiser
- Other work set by their class teacher
Knowledge Organisers are crucial part of students learning at TQEA. Science tells us that the best thinking is based on knowledge. Therefore it is vital students have a secure knowledge base to be successful with their learning and understanding in every subject. Knowledge organisers consist of around 20-30 exact facts, dates, events, equations, vocabulary, characters and key concepts that students are expected to master in their long-term memory. All students are expected to memorise the information in the Knowledge Organisers to support their learning. In every lesson students will have a low stake quizzes to help embed the ideas in long term memory.