Uniform & Equipment
The TQEA uniform consists of smart trousers (or skirt), shirt, tie and blazer, and encourages students to take great pride in their appearance. Students are expected to adhere to our uniform policy at all times, which consists of the following items:
Uniform – All Students
- School Blazer (To be worn at all times unless directed by a member of staff. No item worn between shirt and blazer).
- School tie. Worn at all times appropriately attached to the top button of the shirt.
- Plain white long sleeve shirt (tucked in and fully buttoned at all times).
- Black, grey or white full ankle socks (not trainer/sports sock style), or black tights (not footless and no leggings).
- Plain all black sturdy shoes (No logo). No plimsolls, trainers, air bubbles, canvas or coloured trim or soles. Shoes should be appropriate for all weathers. Black laces only.
- Plain, full length (no gap between trouser and socks) black trousers. (No jeans, jeggings, corduroy, combat, chinos, Lycra, denim trousers, leggings or tracksuit bottoms). Girls may choose instead plain, black skirt that is smart and professional and loose fitting (no stretch material, Lycra or body-con styles). Inappropriate skirt lengths will be challenged and will need to be addressed immediately.
- A waterproof coat for winter use is strongly recommended.
- Shorts with TQEA logo. Girls may choose TQEA logo skort.
- Navy blue sports polo with TQEA logo (fitted option for girls if desired).
- Plain navy blue football socks.
- Plain navy blue tracksuit bottoms with no logos.
- Fleece lined outdoor ¼ zip TQEA top.
- Trainers (Not fashion or canvas).
Recommended additional layers for outside PE lessons (these items are all non TQEA branded and can be purchased at a wide range of local shops/supermarkets).
- Base layers (long sleeved) plain navy blue or black tops to go underneath the PE t-shirt
- Black, or navy leggings, or running leggings
- Gloves for sports not including throwing and catching (but still bring them for warm ups, coaching time etc.)
- Plain woolly hats (with no dangling strings or adornments)
- Waterproof rain coats either navy blue, black or plain dark colours (not fashion coats which are not waterproof)
Hair should be one natural colour with no patterns or shapes cut into it. No shaved / No1 heads either all over or part. We find that hair colours / cuts that do not conform to our requirements distract from learning.
- No excessively wide or coloured belts
- Undergarments should be an appropriate colour to protect modesty e.g. neutral or white vests, bras etc.
- No facial / cartilage / body piercing to be worn for school. (Refer to Uniform Policy – have piercings of this nature done in Summer holiday to allow for healing). One single pair of stud earrings / one discreet ring / one small discreet necklace, bracelet and watch. All jewellery must be removed for PE lessons.
- Chewing gum, canned or energy drinks are not allowed in school.
- Boys to be clean shaven at all times.
- No nail varnish or excessive and impractical length nails or acrylics.
- Discrete small amount of make up in years 9-11 only – NO false eye lashes.
- No headwear, hats or caps to be worn on school site.
The Queen Elizabeth Academy Summer Uniform
If the weather gets warmer towards the end of Summer Term, we like to take the opportunity to move to our optional summer uniform. Parents and students will be notified when this is permitted and a letter/message will be sent home.
The summer uniform will consist of an optional short sleeved shirt for all students. The shirt must have a full collar and students will still be required to wear their ties. Summer uniform is introduced each year at the discretion of the Principal, long sleeved shirts should be worn by students at all other times, including the first day back in September.
Our uniform policy is very clear and states that students should have their blazers with them at all times. However, when it is hot, teachers will inform students that their blazers may be removed in the classroom. At break and lunch, outside the building, students are not required to wear their blazer, but on return to the building it should be worn.
With regards to shoes, please remember that all shoes must be completely black leather, with no obvious logos, material parts, canvas or air bubbles.
All Parents/Carers should ensure the school uniform policy is followed fully by their child.